Monday 20 September 2010

The princess and the pea creative writing

Dear Diary
I’ve had the worst day of my life, after the most boring banquet with the duke and his wife my coach had a broken wheel and they had no spare coach which was utterly profound so I had to walk… and of top of the despicable occurrence it started to rain; its such a shame since my silk green garment was absolutely wrecked,
Luckily after walking down a very melancholy lit country road I came across a luxurious mansion… it was incredibly beautiful; with grand white pillars that towered to the sky, majestic gold doors and windows that exploded light into the swallowing pit of darkness that I had succumbed to.
I speedily tottered in my now mud encrusted heels towards the nearest window that displayed an extravagantly decorated front room. As I peered in I could see a gorgeous fire place with a flaming orange ball blowing heat across the marble tiled floor… I longed to be warm, to feel the comfort that this mansion holds.
With this new impulse I headed towards the door… a door unlike most doors, the detail was so intricate I could see the household must have been important… However I still believe my home is much more divine than this.
As I gracefully held the bell handle and plunged it down a few times just to make sure I wouldn’t be ignored I heard a distant tapping that grew louder and sharper as the seconds commenced. Although I knew it was help a part of me was quite frightened by this small detail… it sent a shuddering chill down my spine. Now the sound was projecting through my ear drums and I couldn’t ignore it….. Just as I thought it would never end the door slowly slid ajar to release the face of a very small woman who was embellished in fine jewellery and a beautiful purple gown. Her pristine composure was quite surprising since the lady of the house never opens the door usually especially at this late hour…where were the maids? Eventually after what felt like hours her voice echoed through the high roofed hallway asking who I was. As I was briskly repeating to the elder lady of my awful troubles this godlike man appeared in the distance.
At that point I realised I must have looked a fright, my hair was strewn like an unkept bush and my dress was so ghastly at this point… I dare to think…. I must have appeared to be a common person to these hospitable people that took me in for the night. Thankfully the extremely handsome, spellbinding gentleman who I now know is her son and the PRINCE persuaded his mother to allow me in for the night until I can call for someone in the morning to collect me. They collected a maid from the lower quarters to bathe me (which happened to be the most luscious smelling oils… id say they had a hint of rosemary to them) then guided me to a newly made guestroom with the highest pile of mattresses you ever did see; god knows why there are so many mattresses… this family have very strange ways and sadly I don’t find it to much comfort but if my thoughts are correct there is something lurking in amongst them all so I’m just about to have a quick gander and see if I can solve this treacherous  annoyance. Hopefully my bad luck is over and I can have a joyous slumber.

To the unfortunate Receivers of this letter,
I am dreadfully sorry to inform you of the loss of your eldest daughter. The only consolidation I can give you is what I can conclude of her death.
She was the victim of a cruel test of my mothers. I assure you, I knew nothing of her scheme until early this morning when she confessed all, since which she has been banished by my father for crushing such a beautiful flower which your daughter was.
My mother, looking for a match for me, was unbelieving that your daughter was a princess and proceeded to test her by making her sleep upon 50 mattresses with a single pea hidden within them, knowing that nobody but a real princess would have skin delicate enough to feel the offending vegetable.
Upon finding her diary (enclosed) I believe she felt the pea and attempted to find it among her mattresses, only to fall from the great height and be crushed by the weight of the felonious bedding.
I can only offer my deepest apologies and assure you I am grieving with you, such a loss will be hard to live with. I have joined the armed forces in the hope I may join her in the eternal kingdom.
Yours terribly sincerely,
Prince Arthur.

No comments:

Post a Comment